What is asbestos?
Asbestos is a natural mineral that has high tensile strength and an innate ability to withstand extreme heat. Because of these characteristics, asbestos was widely used in the construction of commercial and residential buildings until it was banned in the mid to late 1970’s.
Why is asbestos a problem?
Asbestos is a known carcinogen. When inhaled, asbestos fibers could cause sever respiratory problems, including lung cancer. As such, the presence of asbestos on piping and duct work, sprayed ceilings, floor and ceiling tiles, linoleum, and other areas can be a serious concern to property owners and tenants.
How do I recognize asbestos?
Because asbestos has been used in over 3,000 applications, it is often difficult to recognize. Therefore, an expert should be called upon to conduct a thorough site inspection, and to collect samples of suspect materials for laboratory analysis.
Contact us now to discuss you current or future project plans.